2.10.09

MAGUIRE SHOULDERS GRAND PRIX BURDEN

Stephen Maguire will have to play through the pain barrier at the Grand Prix after discovering his shoulder injury is worse than was originally feared.

The world no.2 slipped in the shower at home last month and had to withdraw from the Shanghai Masters after doctors diagnosed internal bleeding in a muscle.

"On Wednesday I received a phone call from the hospital to tell me that I was actually suffering from multiple mini fractures in my shoulder," Maguire told 110sport.tv.

“I am now going to have to wait and see a consultant to see what happens next. But in the meantime I am just loading up on painkillers. I have been playing away in practice and it is a bit sore, but I am a big boy and will survive.”

“Having missed Shanghai I need a bit of a run in this tournament to make up for that. So there is no way I was missing this tournament. As I say I am in pain, but I just have to get on with it.”

Maguire is due to play Nigel Bond in the first round on Tuesday evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, do you know which shoulder is giving him the pain?

Dave H said...

Not sure, will try and find out