23.10.09

BOND IS BACK

John Parrott has withdrawn from the upcoming Legends event in Glenrothes, resulting in a call up for Nigel Bond.

Parrott had been due to play Jimmy White on October 31 but will now miss the tournament as he requires a hernia operation.

Bond, the 1996 British Open and 1997 Scottish Masters champion, thus steps in.

"Both Jimmy and myself are still on the main tour - although some people might have forgotten about us!" said Bond, who finished runner-up in the 1995 World Championship.

"I mean, I did play in Glasgow a few weeks ago in the Grand Prix so I am very much still around. But I suppose I am of a certain vintage - I'm a youthful 43 now - that qualifies me to be someone of another generation. And that's why I'll be in Glenrothes."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I love Nigel Bond!

Anonymous said...

How many world titles could Bond have won without Hendry? Look at his run of world championship losses:

1993 - Quarters v Hendry 7-13
1994 - Quarters v Hendry 8-13
1995 - Final v Hendry 9-18
1996 - Semis v Hendry 7-16

Of course he gained revenge in that classic match of 2006

Anonymous said...

2nd time lucky.... ;)

Anonymous said...

nigel is one of the most down to earth players in the pro ranks and is a pleasure to know.

best of luck Nigel.

Anonymous said...

Dave,

Do you known if 110sport will actually get common sense and will post the entire matches of both this tournament and the qualifiers they have recorded? I have mailed them several times, but they keep not responding. It would not make sense for them just to use the matches for the one live broadcast that is during the week so almost nobody can actually watch it. Please let me know if you can find out.

Ron

Dave H said...

The Legends event isn't live. It will be shown next month in delayed form so presumably you can watch it when you like.

Anonymous said...

Snooker The Fine Art Method
A secret is wasted if not shared
Dear Dave
How are you. What reason this time is Big John Parrott giving for withdrawing? Is he needed for a big BBC race meeting to popularise gambling? There has to be a reason Dave. Mr hey you

Anonymous said...

he is just out of hospital MHY....and this time it certainly is a genuine reason (not that i am saying other times werent ;) )

Anonymous said...

Ron says,

"Do you known if 110sport will actually get common sense and will post the entire matches of both this tournament and the qualifiers they have recorded? I have mailed them several times, but they keep not responding. It would not make sense for them just to use the matches for the one live broadcast that is during the week so almost nobody can actually watch it. Please let me know if you can find out."

Maybe you are emailing the wrong people at 110 sports?

Anonymous said...

maybe, anonymous, I'm using the only way of contacting them I can find, ie their form thingy.

Anonymous said...

better off just phoning...