26.4.09

JACK'S THE LAD

Jack Lisowski, 17, has been awarded the Paul Hunter Scholarship by the WPBSA for next season.

Jack is an outstanding prospect and has recently recovered from Hodgkins Lymphona, a form of cancer.

He will receive funding to practice at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield for the next year.

Earlier this year, he reached the final of one of the events on the Pontin’s International Open Series.

“I started playing when I was seven. I used to play on the lounge carpet with ping pong balls,” Jack said.

“I’m looking forward to the next year and working on my game. I can’t wait to turn professional.”

The scholarship was set up in memory of Hunter, who died of cancer in 2006.

Daniel Wells, who came within a frame of qualifying for the Crucible this year, was the first recipient in 2007 and Adam Duffy was this season’s scholar.

Jack has a very good attitude so good luck to him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets hope he does a bit better than Adam Duffy with the scholarship.

Unknown said...

Go on Jack, well done. Richly deserved nomination.

RichP said...

Well done Jack, I used to play at the club he plays at and is obviously a great player and level headed.

Matt said...

Very happy with this decision. Was wondering just this morning who would get it and he was the outstanding candidate to me. Best of luck to him.

Sammy said...

Duffy's doing OK this season.
If 2 wildcards are given this year how about Jack and Ad?